FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

MY LIFE IS GOOD

I was just visiting a blog I recently discovered.. Journeying to lose 200 pounds.. its in my sidebar.. or click on this link : http://gottalose200pounds.blogspot.com/ check her out... she talked about Gym class when she was a kid... Relate is an understatement...

I have often said that I do not regret all that I went through as a child because it made me who I am today... Over time I came to the realization that I had to put the past away. Yet we all know inevitably we are shaped by our pasts.. We may keep it boxed up tight.. with a little bow ribbon on it.. Or it may be bundled up with chains and a lock minus the long forgotten key..hoping we can forget the contents of that box... but those memories have a way of creeping out and surrounding our brains .. here and there through out our adult life.. the jabs.. the hurt.. the unfairness of those that seemed stronger than us. I did a post a while back on this very subject
http://healthyhoni.blogspot.com/2007/07/did-you-ever-make-fun-of-fat-kid.html ... so I won't go back to what happened to me. I just know that it shaped me. Just like your past shaped you. I knew at a young age i was different.. and I know as an adult that I am different and do not fit any particular mold. Yeah .. sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to be the "socker mom" or to be the "thin girl' or to be the "career successful girl making lots of money" or to be the "creative girl living off whatever talent I had" or to be the "girl with the voice".. .. but I was the "fat girl" the "pretty face girl" the "if she would only lose weight girl" what anyone ever saw in me for the most part was based on my weight. I sometimes wonder how Steve saw beneath it all and saw the real me.. People forget to look and are very quick to judge.. I guess. He did not forget to look and he did not judge ... I really have no regret.. just curiousity I suppose.. and maybe a few "if onlys"
I have a good life.. a forth coming marriage.. great adventures... a wonderful man... a nice home.. nice neighbors.. a great family and extended family... through it all.. It is good.. SO GOOD.. MY LIFE IS GOOD. I bet through it all.. when you lay it all out and think about it.. YOURS IS TOO...
Wish me well
Wish you well too...

3 comments:

TCM said...

i agree with u !!

Diana Swallow said...

I agree and everything in our lives has led us to where we are now. I love my husband dearly and I'm thankful he was able to see beyond my shell and into my heart. Thanks for reminding me that my exeperiences both good and bad are all a part of who I am. I don't fit the molds either and I'm proud of that

Dee said...

Hi! I just wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog. I've skimmed your blog & it sure sounds like a familiar story! I'm going to link to you!