FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Thursday, July 5, 2007

THURSDAY THINKING...

http://www.catay.com/fatkid/family.asp give this a read... I am not sure what this site is... a website a blog... not exactly sure if it is real or not.. but I found it during one of my many perusings of the net... I also took the opportunity to watch Shaq's show and I really liked it .. there were some areas that the trainer was a tad harsh but nothing that the kids could not handle... What I dont understand is that why don't the parents.. totally clean out the kitchen and revamp their eating lifestyle as well.. not only does it create a more postive environment for the child but its also better for them.. I am not saying stock up on just carrot sticks.. but I am saying have healthier food choices available.. and a kid should not have a JUNK FOOD DAY.. what does that teach them ??? NOTHING.. I believe in incorporating all food into your meal plan.. so if one day you want 2 slices of pizza... plan for it and and record it... Or if you want a burger.. plan for it and make it a part of your meal plan.. this way food does not get a label.. ALL FOOD IS Equal.. I do think that eating in moderation is possible and a long term goal of mine.. Right now I have to be fairly strict with myself... however even now I allow myself the extra treat or so.. but I have to keep track of it lest I allow it to throw me off track.. ...back to the Shaq show .. They visited a middle school and I listened to the principal complain that they did not have funds to have a mandatory PE class... There are so many options out there that do not have to cost a billion bucks to make programs like this happen, I think you can get college kids that are training to be PTs or Physcial education teachers and have them work out an internship in the school sytsem.. developing programs with the educational boards assistance that would give these kids more opportunity to move. I also am a firm believer that all VENDING MACHINES need to be out of schools.. and ALL fried foods needs to be out of school as well.. Does this mean our kids suffer with less choices... ??? well u can look at it like that if you choose.. I think there are plenty of ways to change things... but the desire for change just as an individual desire for change must be there. I also think for obese children and teens that a program geared to their needs should be available as well.. More often than not an obese kid is not going to want to be a part of a standard gym program .. We all know why... those of us who were tormented in elementary school/middle school/ high school... because of their weight or some other difference... well.. we, they know why a program geared to childhood obesity would be helpful.. be it a walking program or a swimming program.. something that would get this kids moving in an environment that is not threatening but encouraging would be good as well. Yeah I know.. everything is all about money... but in truth.. with trained volunteers and interns.. things could happen not just for the obese child but for all children. Regarding the vending machines and fried foods I mentioned above... Kids do not need as many choices as we think...Kids need limits and guidance. It is hard watching these young people eat themselves to death.. and yes I can relate... in the worst way. I wish these six kids on Shaq's show all the best.. they have a great opportunity .. I hope they use it to the fullest. With all the shows out there that provide oportunity for kids or adults to lose weight I can only hope thse folks realize what opportunities they have been given.. yeah I know I say this all the time...

MOVING ON...

Try that visual DNA thing above its kinda cool.. it pulls up your likes and dislikes in a different way...
Would someone please bring some rain to Alabama .. we could use some .. this drought really sucks.. I finally had to bid my 'mater plants a fond farewell.. we shall meet again next year... I think next year instead of potting them on the deck we will actually make an inground garden...


Would someone please explain to my dog Cookie that she does not have to be so quirky.. sometimes she is fine in new experiences and some times she just weirds out.. showing her teeth ( not growling) it is like an anxiety issue... She did okay with the fireworks last night ... as long as she was on our bed with her head on her sheet.. Our bed is her safety zone whenever she is upset .. I think she was a little scared of my nieces dog CHLOE.. Chloe weighs 2 pounds and is a Matli York.. I don't think Cookie realized she was a puppy ... she got used to her after a little while.. the funniest even was yesterday.. we kept the dogs downstairs and crated because we had so many folks over for the 4th... at one point.. Chloe ( all 2 pounds of her) chased our black lab Bazzie into his crate... ( we had let him out to stretch a little) barking at him and chasing him .. I thought he was going to turn around and bite her head off.. but he seemed totally disinterested in her.. ohh.. he weighs about 85 pounds... I will say this about Cookie.. we really do not want to pull her quirkyness away from her because she is a GREAT WATCH DOG... Bazzie is the type that would open the door for a bad guy and say Hey yo.. got some Pizza??? wanna share.. sure .. you can have the TV, PC, uhmm anything you want.. uhmm got food.????.. Cookie on the other hand is less friendly lol... I think if there ever was a threatening situation they would both stand up to the plate so to speak...though.. they are pretty intense about their territory ...

Would someone please tell me the proper amount of time for mailing wedding invitations... is it 8 weeks or 6 weeks before the event.... or does it really matter????


BONE DOCTOR NEWS :
No Surgery for Honi.. My doc has decided that we should avoid another back surgery.. as he said it opens up a whole new set of issues... So I start PT next Thursday and will go from there regarding exercising.. I would rather have PT a couple times of year for the spine than anymore surgeries...

Eating wise>>>

I ate fairly well yesterday .. I did indulge in a few treats.. but today I have been all about fruits and veggies and yes.. friends I am trying to be about water too.. TRYING ..I finished my first water bottle today ... roughly 20 oz.s I want to get up to drinking 2 of these a day and then go from there.. thats my immediate goal..
Wish me well.
Wish you well too..

No comments: