FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

ASKING YOURSELF THE TOUGH QUESTIONS

  1. Why has food been such an easy answer for anything in my life? Food has provided a necessary blanket when nothing else would seem to work.
  2. What am I so afraid of or better yet what have I been so afraid of that I could not let the real me come through physcially? Scared of the unknown I guess and how I would be treated.
  3. What happens when this journey ends? This journey will never end.
  4. What happens when I eat more than I planned?? record it record it record it.
  5. Am I ready to let go of the past? the past tends to be sticky .. like a spider web that clings to me . I peel a layer off , only to discover another layer. I think the past has to be released slowly.. so it won't return. I think that by keeping change a work in progress that the past does not have to repeat itself always.
  6. What are your new coping skills? those are still a work in progress too. I try to communicate my feelings better mostly.
  7. What scares you the most about this journey? Failure
  8. Do you think you will fail? I better not, no I really do not think I will fail.. I don't think I have ever really failed.. more like given up when I am faced with a challenge.

Weight loss should never be looked at as a Fail or Do not Fail accomplishment. Weight loss is a journey there are no quick fixes that will prepare you for handling all the events that will come your way sooner or later as you make your way through this journey. One step at a time... that is what it is all about...

Wish me well

Wish you well too

1 comment:

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Another great post, Honi...

Very insightful and encouraging at the same time!

Hugs,

Lins x