FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Monday, May 21, 2007

A SPLASH OF DISCONNECTED THOUGHTS

A bit of a disapointment tonight... No one signed up for the support group .. out of 55 people no one wanted to be involved in the group but me and one other person. On the plus side me and the other person are friends. On the minus no one else wanted to participate they are going to try and do the program again in the fall.. Who knows why no one wanted to participate.. perhaps some have gained their weight back and our striking out the program as another failure. Perhaps folks just do not have time with the summer and all. Oh well.. I have my plan of action and thats the path I will continue on.. Maybe if they do it again they should open it to all the programs offered from Bariatric patients to anyone interested in general support as they travel along a more fitter road.. Oh well.. what can you do....

Cookie has become the mistress of the frisbee.. she is catching them in mid air now.. and really doing it with poise and such doggie grace.. watching her is a real treat.

Do you ever have really off the wall thoughts...

Why do men always have to check their "outdoor plumbing".. I mean its not like it is going to fall off or anything.. after all its been there since they were born.. surely they are familiar with it and know its not going anywhere.... but I sure see a lot of guys do this.. especially in Walmart.. Does this mean I spend too much time in Walmart????.. and no I do not go around staring at men.. I just happen to notice this and often wonder why .. I mean you never see women checking anything.. granted we have indoor plumbing and I do not know too many women that walk around with their hands on their boobs making sure they are where they should be... hmm is this a security issue..??? perhaps men should have a little outdoor plumbing alarm that way if anything happens a little siren would go off.. and they could keep their hands busy doing other things...just a thought...

I would rather stay home with Steve or go do something with him then go to a big affair of any nature that I may be invited too. I am a homebody unless we are on a bike trip.

I really like slot machines.. in fact that was my favorite part of the cruise I went on a couple years ago..

When I was a teen I was a HUGE KISS FAN... I worked in a record ( back then we had actual vinyl records and 45s and 8 tracks... cassettes were expensive.) I would get all the old KISS displays and put them in my bedroom.. I cut out all these pictures from various magazines.. black and white pictures.. of KISS.. and by hand .. piece by piece crafted their logo over my bed.. it was about 2 feet high and 3 feet wide that stayed up in my room until I went to boarding school.. then my mother redecorated.

The very first picture I ever put up in my bedroom was from 16 Magazine and it was a picture of John Travolta... I had a crush on Barry Williams.. (Greg Brady) and I almost got to meet him when he came here for a opening of a bank branch.. but I was sick.. My mom brought me an autographed picture of him.. I have since lost that...

I love and still do Old reruns of I LOVE LUCY

I still love Little House on the Priare

The first R rated movie I ever saw was Saturday Night Fever.. My sister took me to see it.

The very first Rock Concert I went to Was Peter Frampton.. my sister took me to that too Tickets were a whooping 7 dollars.
I saw KISS every year they came to Town from 1976 until 1984 ..
In my concert days I saw Simon and Garfunkel, Styx, Billy Joel, Kansas, KISS, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Buffett, B-52s, Gregg Allman, Barry Manilow, Harry Connick JR. ,Manhattan Transfer, James Taylor, Robert Plant, The O Brother tour, Rod Stewart, Neil Diamond ..and Many others...

Still bummed why no one wanted to come tonight. It really seemed like such a great idea to have this support group...I guess Everyone has their reasons.

Why do some folks think that being blunt with someone is really okay to do... Like telling someone who is tryng to get healthier and working on issues to create a healthier lifestyle .. to just do it. Sometimes the "IT" takes time to figure out how to do...

Why do people spew advice when the do not truely get the crux of the problem. I hate when someone says well just do it. quit over eating...

Why do we buy the garbage that most diet books flood us with.. Yes there are some great books out there filled with sensible advice.. Yet we continue to see people touting programs that tell you to eliminate a food group.. or fast.. or clean your colon, or eat a half of a grapefruit at every meal.. or cut out carbs.. eleminate this eleminate that... Or just heat and eat these pre cooked MREs and you will lose a gazzillion pounds..
Time after time the succesful ones the ones who have maintained thier loss have done so by sensible eating combined with moderate exercise. Sure it might take longer than THe Eat Wheatabix at every meal and the pounds will melt Fad.. FADS are not a healthy way of eating.. idealy the best way of eating is following the food pyramid and exercising.. these are the keys to a better lifestyle.. the first 2 keys.. then learning how to monitor what you put in and what you expend is important.
Stop being guilted into taking care of yourself.. Be SELFISH do this for you...
Wish me well
Wish you well too

1 comment:

cadbury_vw said...

Why do men always have to check their "outdoor plumbing"

because it's constantly changing size and position. it alters where it's being held in your underwear and (if you are uncircumcised) can grab hairs and pull them in under the foreskin and start pulling them out of their follicles

temperature changes the size and shape of your testicles - they hang lower or higher. they can get a little sweaty and get stuck to your leg.

if you move your pants the wrong way your parts can get caught and twisted by a seam in your pants - especially in jeans

so you constantly have to adjust...