FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

CAUGHT BETWEEN TRAPEZES

It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear . . . . It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to. - Marilyn Ferguson

I love this quote.. for I have often felt that during this changing period of my life like I am .. jumping from one area to the next area ... no net below to catch me... and it can be frightening. At the same time it feels good to know I am not so caught up in my old ways that I can develop new ways to deal with whatever comes along.
I find myself most successful when I take things one step at a time. Taking a few minutes to adjust and then moving on to the next issue.
My food logging is going well. It has been a tremendous guide in helping navigate these changes. I have also just started an activities log to start tracking my activites and exercise.. Activities are different than Exercise. Activities are things you do everyday.. like house cleaning, laundry... playing with the dog.. things like that.. Exercise is just that.. Exercise.. more concentrated. When you combine Activity with Exercise you get an even better idea how your body processes energy.
Keeping these logs really seem to be helping me...
Also keeping my blogs active and sharing with you my successes and failures help keep me in line as well...
Getting ready to head to my appointment...
Wish me well
Wish you well too
Until Next time...

No comments: