FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

THE SPARK

Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results.
-Anon.

My Spark is still there so thats good... This week was good.. now I am trudging forth into a new one.. So far eating is on cue.. I just wish I felt better. My plan this week is to get in the Therapy pool on Thursday , that will make 2 nights of exercising this week.. and compared to the none I have done in the last couple of weeks .. this too is good. I did walk my 8 laps last nite and I was happy about that.. but during that time before a friend joined me... I was pretty down.. All because 2 very thin women passed me on the track and I tried so hard to keep pace with them.. I just simply could not.. and I watched them walk farther and farther away... and there I was loping along like an elephant, trunk swinging from side to side.. I could feel the stinging sensation of tears in my eyes.. but I kept on.. and I slowed my pace to a pace I could handle and I walked those 8 laps.. half a mile. My friend joined me for the last lap or 2 and it was nice to see a really friendly face.. it made me feel better. I talked about that experience last night in the class.. that that is such a challange for me.. Not being able to keep up with people. Our nutritionist said the most profound thing to me.. basically the only person I should compete against is my self.. and that competition is based on just pushing myself a little farther each time.. GOALS.. POSITIVE ATTITUDE.. and hopefully bit by bit it will all fall into place...
Wish me well
Wish you well too
Until Next time

1 comment:

Alyndabear said...

Well done on keeping it up! Am proud of you, and congrats for last week's loss!