FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Monday, February 12, 2007

WILL POWER

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."Mahatma Gandhi

Well .. I weigh this evening.. I am still going to try and walk around the track 8 times.. I am still under the weather a good bit.. My main goal is just to weigh at 5:45.. and if I can, walk.. and then go to the class and come home.. if this morning is any indication of how the rest of my day will be .. not sure how far I will get. I hate feeling yucky as most of us do. So I am trying to stay as positive as I can... That is why I picked this particular quote today... this is about our WILL! Our WILL POWER! we all have it, we just forget to exercise it on occassion.. I am not necessarily talking about the willpower you use to keep from over indulging.. I am more so refering to the WILL POWER we have over ourselves and the way we tend to think. I know I have plenty of those negative tapes in my head.. even the ones I deam as funny can be negative. The Will we you use to define ourselves. I think Will can be better spent focusing on what is right about ourselves.. or what we over came in a day. for example.. if someone gave you "the look" today and you did not allow it to make you feel bad about yourself, that is using WILL POWER, The WILL to see whats good about you and not what someone else might think is bad. To me it is very hard to do, to override what someone else is thinking about your appearance.. I think those of us that are overweight have an ESP of sorts.. we can look at someone and pretty much know what they are thinking about us because of "that look" they are giving us. I remember once visiting NY city and I was walking down the street with a friend of mine and some woman with a thick northern accent said.. "GAWD do you have take up the whole sideWAK" she said that to me... I was having such a good time.. my initial response was "screw you" I did not say it out loud of course.. but I thought it.. I was fat then too.. and I just did not let that one incident ruin my good time..but I could have. Somewhere along the way I forgot how to keep that.. that strong will, not caring what someone else thought... and thats what we all need to hold on to.. not allowing others to project their feeling onto us.. that takes a huge amount of WILL POWER ..so to me the key to really achieving the goal of forever weight loss starts with the Power of our WILL over the things that are negative, then comes the belief in ourselves that we can achieve this, followed by good nutrition and physical exercise. Each cog making the wheel in ourselves turn to achieve what we want...
I will post again this evening after I weigh in.

Wish me well,
Wish you well too
Until next time...

No comments: