FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Friday, February 9, 2007

IF YOU FIND MY NOSE PLEASE SEND IT HOME

" You build on failure. You use it as a stepping-stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space."Johnny Cash

Well I am totally yuckified... cold cough..etc... but the regular me will return soon.. Getting my meds after work.. and am going to concentrate on a peaceful weekend loaded with chicken soup, toast, fresh fruit and veggies.. some eggs and sleeeep..
Eating has been good.. I had a rather smiley face thing happen this morning.. normally, I get on the scale Monday night after work in my yoga pants (not like I have ever done yoga but I like how soft the pants are .. :-) ) and tee shirt and barefoot. This morning.. I got on.. and saw that I was at 200.2 pounds.. Our scale is matched to our Doctors scale for the most part.. so its accurate... but I go by the night time weight since thats when I started.. it is a positive stroke though to see my hard work is paying off.. Right now my major goal is feel better and hopefully monday night I will get to walk those 8 laps after I weigh in, before class.

So for this post... I do believe that old Johnny had it right .. you build on failure..instead of seeing it has a dark cloud you let it lift you to the next level.. learn from your mistakes and move on..energy is best spent on being positive.. and doing the right thing for our bodies... eating smart, exercising.. resting.. and having faith always in ourselves. Success, real success is never won easily.. For all that struggle makes success all that much more sweeter...
My hope is that I remember this when I have my first weight gain.. and rest assured that will happen.. we can't all be perfection, and our bodies are not these machines that are programmed to respond a certain way.. I will always try my hardest but in the event I faulter.. I will not let it consume me.. for I am more than just a number on a scale, I am me.. I am Honi.. one day at time, one step at a time ... one moment at time.. No more failure, no more diet.. just changing "weighs"... That is what I titled my journal I am creating.. it contains my food logs , exercise logs, recipes and tips and all my logged menus on line.. It contains info on my program as well. Another tool I am using to help me along on this new journey.
On that note.. Wish me well..
Wish you well too..
Until Next time!!!!

No comments: