FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Friday, April 25, 2008

FRIDAY LINKS AND THINGS

SO yesterday the citrus guy stopped by the office.. it was just me.. here so I was not sure who the guy was .. but he was holding oranges so I thought must be the citrus guy.. I listened to his shpell and when he said he was from Vero Beach I thought I okay I like this guy.. going to by some fruit from him.. ( Vero Beach was right by my boarding school ) I tasted one of the Honey tangelos and oranges OH MY GOD why dont they sell these in the grocery!!!!!! .. they are wonderful.. I talked him into selling me a half of box of mixed tangelos and oranges and he gave me a couple of grapefruit..it was 30.00 and its a LOT of fruit for 2 people.. .. I could not do the whole box that would be way too much.. I am telling you this stuff is good.. will have to take some pictures and post those..Since i was at the office alone I would not go out to the truck with them.. so they bought the truck to me which told me he was on the level... so at least I was not kidnaped by being tempted by oranges lol.. just a kid trying to make some money.. I saw he had a lot of checks with him.. local folks so I wrote him a check too.. for half a box.. and right now I am eyeballing some might fine fruit.. perfect timing with starting weight watchers and all I thought.. We are going to the Farmers Market tomorrow too so that is good.. will get some veggies since we are pretty stocked in fruit for now..




Here is your healthy tip from BESTLIFE.COM :

HEALTHY TIP
Eat Your Vegetables!


Having trouble hitting your daily veggie goal (at least 4 servings)? You can use snacks to up your intake. Try these tasty ideas:

•Dip baby carrots, grape tomatoes or celery in plain yogurt. For extra flavor, season yogurt with dill or mix with salsa
•Spread hummus on chopped raw veggies and pair it with string cheese.
•Have a cup of vegetable soup (like Progress 50-percent-less sodium garden vegetable) with a dollop of plain yogurt on top.
•Have some salsa on top of a WASA crispbread.


NUTS NUTS NUTS if you like ALMONDS and have decent self control:

check this out.. now plain almonds are the best.. but nothing like a little zing in there too.. just watch your portions ALMOND INFO , HISTORY OF THE ALMOND,


I have tried both the Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon and brown sugar.. both are great.. just a handful is both satisfying and filling... if you have big hands you might want to amend that to 24 almonds here are the nutritionals on the Vanilla Bean flavored ..
CLICK ON NUTRITIONALS FOR LARGER VIEW

its the same for the cinnamon ones.. the Sea Salt and plain for some reason have 10 more calories not sure why..

A cool place to peruse on a Saturday morning in Birmingham, Alabama ~



Have a fruitful and relaxing weekend!

Wish me well

Wish you well too


*****UPDATE I JOINED WW ONLINE TODAY AND AM STARTING OFFICIALLY ON MONDAY BUT MY OFFICIAL WEIGH DAY IS FRIDAY~ THIS WEEKEND WILL BE DEVOTED TO GATHERING MY WW ARSENAL , AND BEING PREPARED. WE ALL HAVE CHOICES TO MAKE AND CONSEQUENCES TO PROCESS . HERE IS TO GOOD CHOICES AND POSITIVE CONSEQUENCES.

6 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

We have a citrus sale every year at my school. I usually buy a 1/2 and 1/2 box of grapefruit and oranges. Seriously delicious!

Because the sale is in December, we get some AMAZING citrus at an icky time of year.

Way to go, sister!

Hanlie said...

Oh, citrus is so expensive over here right now (end of summer), but I still buy it! I have to have my daily fix!

Susie said...

Selfishly, I am glad you are going on WW because you are the most amazing source of information and will probably come up with so many new foods and recipes that I hadn't even known about...NO PRESSURE THOUGH..hahahaha. No..I still think of you often when I cook up a zucchini latke for 1 point!!! I will now try the almonds! My husband and daughter LOVE citrus and eat grapefruit and clementines DAILY! The appreciate good citrus. But really,I am very happy for you that you are starting thew's as i call them, I really really like the program..It's been great for me..when I follow it. I put a point calculaor widget on my blog..i can send you the code..or you can search for them as you can customize the size and color for some. When you start next week..I TOTALLY , 100% recommend making that 0-point veggie soup (with a low sodium broth). That soup ROCKS..I was eating that and a zucchini latke for lunch..It's such a great soup and a great tool. (or course I was doing this in Chicago in the winter..not sure about soup in the summer..in the south). Good luck..feel free to hit me up for advice and support. I try to have helpful ww links on my sidebar too. I know you'll do GREAT. Good luck!!!! Loved the post about the diets through the years!!! HAHAHAHA. Hope your tummy is doing ok with Passover.

Grumpy Chair said...

Lucky! I miss the orange guys coming to places of work selling their wares before being kicked out of the building.

I bought some small tangarenes last week and they were so sweet, I think I'm gonna have to go eat one right now.

I can't wait to hear about WW on line.

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

The honey tangerines have been faulous for a few weeks now. I've been buying 6 lbs at a time to make juice during the week.

Man. Yum.

And the papaya has been nice. I love my papaya chunks and tangerien juice with my eggs for bkst.

The Princess, who likes your fruity header.

Diana Swallow said...

I love almonds! YAY for joining WW, I'm so proud of you, I know you'll do great if you just apply what you've learned.