FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Sunday, September 30, 2007

GOT MY MOTOR RUNNING.. I FOUND MY ADVENTURE.. HEADED OUT ON THE HIGHWAY....

SO sorry.. having a moment in my mind... awesome rockin perfect road trip... check my flickr site for pictures in the sidebar and also look on my blog link for TWO WHEEL TALES click over there for my post on the trip...

HERE we shall talk about my ehmm.. uhmmm not ideal eating ... it was not very good nor was it particularly in my interest.. I meant well.. but well its done over and I am not a purger...

SO .. Friday night we were anxious to get there.. stopped to stretch.. and stopped at a JACKS Hamburger.. ( whoever thought up the slogan.. YOU'LL COME BACK BACK BACK TO JACKS JACKS JACKS.. has a serious crack addiction.. and I am not just talking the drug.. that person is an asscrack) ...the food.. if you could call it that was horrible... yeah I know .. so Honi... why on earth did you eat it???.. because we were there and I was hungry.. okay.. geezz... thats why .. I ate what was disguised as a hamburger ( I LIKE MINE WITH LETTUCE AND TOMATO , HEINZ 57 AND FRENCH FRIED POTATOS A BI.... oops sorry I listened to my IPOD to much today... (JIMMY BUFFET- CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE) ... seriously I like my hamburgers with lettuce tomato and a little ketchup.. and occasionally mustard.. I dont know what in the hell I ate friday night.. and yes I did indulge in what I thought was french fries.. 4 of them .. then I was scared because I noticed they had some orange powder freak me out scary looking neon stuff on them.. YIKES.... so we left praying we would not get sick... THE next morning.. our hostess Sandi at Angels Landing Bed and Breakfast is a doll she is one of these rare individuals who really understands the value of good health combined with good food.. she made us a spinach and egg dish for breakfast with flax seed and apple muffins on the side.. plus sliced strawberries...that was devine.. no one got sick or felt greasy or smelled yucky Saturday morning... it was a great way to start our day off... We rode... walked around... for a while and decided we were hungry.. BIG MISTAKE.. we ate at an AW place good diet root beer . bad on the bellies food.. I wont even go there suffice to say it was bad.. and it got worse from there.. we went to a street fair.. Steve got a chilly dog.. I had a bite.. we bought pumpkin cookies ( they were about the size of golf ball with a glaze on them) ... I ate 2 and a half... we walked more.. ) then we came back to the B and B.. rested for a while.. and went out to dinner.. we went to one of our favorite places.. ( usually eating the same thing... and its always heavenly).....SHOEBOOTIES.. it was HORRIBLE.. at first.. we thought we were in for a treat... started with a great NEW appetizer fresh mozzerella on top of thick sliced tomato on a crustini cracker drizzled with a little olive oil and garlic and basil.. not a bad start.. I ordered grilled trout... and a salad and baked potato plain... The salad was fine.. I keep my dressing on the side and dip the tines of my fork in it so i can have a little dressing with salad... I took all the crutons and red onion off my salad and ate it... the trout came.. it was TOO SALTY I ate some but could not eat it.. Steve had a steak.. this one was horrible.. dry as a bone... I think we were both too surprised to even call the waiter back plus we were tired having ridden over 200 miles on the bike that day... and doing a lot of walking.. When we got back to the B and B we went on another walk we did do a lot of walking so I should be proud that even with the not too good eating we did exercise... ... then we retired for the night.. dissapointed that our great meal .. was lousy.. and we decided we would not go back there... Breakfast today was a WW meal.. that Sandi made for us .. rasberry hot cakes with light vanilla yogurt on top.. it was devine... she gave us some muffins to take with us to snack on on the road.. and that we did... lunch was subway sandwich.. so we did far better today than the last two days.. Dinner tonight was fresh home made real oatmeal ( 1 cup) with chopped apples, SPLENDA brown sugar and cinnamon and a splash of vanilla and two tablespoons of real butter.. ( REMEMBER THIS IS ABOUT 10 SERVINGS OF OATMEAL so thats not that bad for the butter) ... I make a big amount of Oatmeal and keep it in the fridge for breakfast or dinner during the week.. ( I use a 1 cup measuring cup and dole out the oatmeal that way during the week ) its quick and healthy and very filling... and stays with you a long time... so today we got back on track ... I made a seafood food salad with left over pasta to take to work for lunch tomorrow... so I am set for the next couple of days for lunch as well... I was overall a little disapointed in my eating this weekend... but.. the trip was great.. we did do a lot of walking and a ton of riding and riding in cold or cool weather you tend to have a fairly demanding appetite.. ... don't know why really .. I guess you are burning fuel to keep your body warm.. SO that was the weekend be sure and CHECK out TWO WHEEL TALES In the side bar to read about the trip..
Wish me well
Wish you well too...

1 comment:

Chubby Chick said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend... despite the crappy food from Jack's. Yuck! lol

I enjoyed reading your comment on my blog today. I hope everything works out with your hair for the wedding! I'm sure it will... and I'm sure you'll be gorgeous! I can't wait to see pics! I'll probably post some pics of me all gussied up for my stepdaughter's wedding... IF I ever find a dress! lol I hope I'm brave enough to post. lol