FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Thursday, December 13, 2007

COMMITED TO BLOGGING OR IS THAT ADDICTED

My name is Honi and I am a BLOG ADDICT (clap clap clap... welcome Honi) lol... seriously.. I am not really a blog addict.. I just like to blog.. I like to throw my feelings out there.. spin it a round a bit.. and listen to what others have to tell me.. I love creating new perspectives.. I love knowing that others out there so GET IT.. I love knowing I have this one safe place to come to voice my opinion.. and read other's opinions.. The hardest thing for me.. and I almost see as a bit of a pattern here in the great blogosphere... I see folks start out gung ho with these fabulous blogs and then bit by bit they dissapear.. I guess I look at blogging as a thereputic way to help me on my journey to getting healthier.. SURE I am a busy Woman.. but I always make time for this because I put this as a priority in my life.. I am a priority in my life.. lets face it friends.. if we do not make ourselves our priority then who will.. ??? Blogging fits into that priority .. Somedays I might have a more difficult tim eating wise and here I can lay my sould bare and feel better.. preventing a binge.. or I might read Escape from obesity or Scale Junkie or A lighter life or anyone of the blogs I book mark and read regularly and poof whatever had me ill is gone.. because someone wrote the right thing and I read it.. Though I know we are all virtual friends... I tend to venture that in our regular lives aside from these cyber lives.. we would be friends.. because we have a common bond.. getting healthier and battling those issues linked by one common bond .. how we deal with food.. Sharing our successes and failures.. is a mere building block to our futures... when you share your failures.. U ARE NOT A FAILURE.. you are human .. but when you or I share that failure or mistake or when we over ate or why we over indulged etc.. then we can release it in a sense.. and reallly move on.. when we hear from others that we are indeed not freaks of nature and others have done whatever too.. then it makes it okay to be human and fail... or to be human and succeed.. thats what I get from everyone's blogs.. thats what I get from my own blog... so it kinda makes me sad in a way when I see someone who for some reason decided this was not a priority anymore.. it makes me wonder if they consider themselves a priority anymore... I continuously update my sidebar taking out blogs that have not posted with in the month.. adding new blogs.. that way to me things are fresh.. and new.. and inspiring.. I only like to keep active blogs in my sidebar... for thats where I go to for motivation...
that is my attitude about this. I feel bad for those that just simply let it slide out of their hands.. I fell badly for those who stop making themselves a priority.. I feel badly when I see a blogging friend dissapear...I hope you won't dissapear... I am not .. ..

Food wise.. I have not been a good food logger in the last week.. I know I know I need to to do that...
On the food wise front.. check this out:

Steve and I love making Pizzelles.. they are a wafer thin Italian cookie.. we started doing this last year after we got our first pizzelle iron.. they are wonderful light cookies

about 50 to 88 calories per wafer the bigger the wafer the more calories.. depends on iron size.. ours is average so I would so our pizzelles are about 64 calories or so.. they are SOO GOOD ..great holiday treat at a low cost in calories.. have one or 2 with a warm beverage and its yummy

If you have a Pizzelle Iron use it
If you don't get one.. they are not expensive
favorite recipe for Pizzelles:

ITALIAN PIZZELLES

These pizzelles are light and crisp. Serve them plain or dusted with powdered sugar. Also, they can be easily shaped while still hot right off the iron and formed into a cone, cylinder, or even a cup and filled with your favorite filling. To keep them crisp, store them in an air tight container.
3 eggs

1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. anise seed or extract (opt.)
1/2 c. butter (1/4 lb.)
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Do not use more than 1/2 cup butter and don't use oil as a substitute.

Beat eggs and sugar.
Add cooled melted butter and vanilla and anise.
Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture.
Batter will be stiff enough to be dropped by spoon.
Batter can be refrigerated to be used at a later time.
Makes 30 pizzelles.

VARIATION PIZZELLE CON CIOCCOLATTE: Add 3 tablespoons cocoa and 3 tablespoons sugar to the basic Italian Pizzelle recipe. If desired, you may substitute chocolate flavoring instead of the vanilla and anise flavoring.

****YOU CAN GET THE PIZZELLE IRONS ON AMAZON.COM THEY ARE UNDER 50.00 WE LOVE US ARE THEY ARE FUN FOR THE FAMILY TO MAKE AND TO GIVE AS GIFTS IN PRETTY TINS OR CONTAINERS..**************

6 comments:

Lyn said...

I have been sick... not sure when you put up that slideshow but I love it!!! You're gorgeous. I totally am addicted to blogging too. I don't know what I would do without it!

Daniele said...

You're an inspiration in many ways honi, one of them is blogging! I admire you for making so much time for it. I too use it as an outlet for my opinion, but my fear of judgement is still holding me back sometimes. But I'm working on it!
xx

A Lighter Life... said...

Hi Honi,

I agree, it's sad when you see certain blogs disappear. I think as with most things in life, you really need the commitment to stick with it ;-)

As for you, do you realise what a HUGE inspiration you are for people that read your blog too? Your posts are ALWAYS from the heart and they are often thought provoking posts too!

I love this little blogging community that we have and it's sooo lovely to have a circle of friends who are dealing with similar issues on a day to day basis...

No matter how hard things get, there is some comfort to be had knowing that you are not completely alone!

Huge Hugs to you my friend!

Love,

LL x

Grumpy Chair said...

Well said Honi. I feel the same way and know if I didn't commit to blogging everyday (except weekends) I would have gained back all 30 pounds lost plus some.

Blogging has kept me accountable and aware of the diet journey.

And the benefits are great virtual support and friendship.

I always feel sad when a blogger drops out for a while and I know the blog might help get them back on track.

I love pizzelles but haven't had any in years. One of my mother's friend's grandmother made them. So delicate and delicious.

Twix said...

((((Honi)))
I'm still here, I'm not going anywhere! Those cookies look yummyummyummy!!! Ok, where can I find such an iron? :D

Lora said...

I agree...it is sad when a blogger sort of disappears. Especially if you've been reading them for a while. You wonder what happened. did they give up...?

I'm not going anywhere. Been off for a few days because of mad busyness preparing for the holidays but still here checking in!