FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

REDUCING THE APPEARANCE OF...

REDUCING the appearance of .. well fill in the blank.. be it wrinkles, lines, a big butt .. whatever.. while there is merit in losing the big butt.. what about those lines in your face...why is it so wrong to have lines... or a few wrinkles here and there.. isn't that the sign of a life well lived.. or perhaps some sadness.. so what what if your life shows a little on you.. The facts are simple we all are getting a little older each day.. so what.. we also are getting a little wiser... a little smarter.. we also get a little braver.. A line on my face shows who I am .. not who I am hiding.. I am 45 almost 46 years old.. I am not 18 or 25.. I have been through a lot in my life.. and a majority in the last 7 years... Life bends and turns and deals you shit.. and deals you joy... and happiness.. you have to take the shit.. find some perspective.. and work towards the joy and happiness.. thats my perspective... Going through all this pain lately.. I have done a lot of thinking through the haze of pain pills.. I decided.. not to take pain meds yesterday or today.. how do I feel? pretty much in pain.. but at least my mind is clear.. no fog here... I opened my email to find that I can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles if I just buy such and such product... seems to me I feel best just trying to feel like me.. lines, wrinkles and all.. thats not to say I do not indulge in the luxury of make up.. I do.. but I also do not hide who I am.. an almost 46 ( November 1) Honi..
Wish me well
Wish you well too.

3 comments:

new*me said...

Jamie Lee Curtis spoke of aging on Rachel Ray this morning and it was inspiring. She is about to turn 50. I would love to have her as a friend :)..........both of them in a room create laughter!

~Laura said...

Great point about dealing with the shit life deals us. A few coworkers and I were talking about that today. So many people want to continue to complain instead of helping themselves.

Not only do the pain meds make you foggy....Fibromyalgia deals its on fibro fog dosage to you most days when you are hurting on top of the pain...

Shari said...

Every line and wrinkle on my face I have earned, either with laughter or sadness...we cannot have the ying without the yang. Each time life deals me lemons, I attempt to make lemonade, lemon bars and even lemon pie (depending on how big the shit is!). Not always easy, but I would rather be an optimist than a pessimist. An d you my dear are certainly an optimist!!