FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BOORIFFIC ideas for HALLOWEEN

FOUND AT DIET.com here is some useful info I found on Diet.com..
4 Healthy Tips for a Happier Halloween-
Wait to buy candy until the last minute – you won’t be stuck craving it while it is in your house-
Buy candy you really just don’t care for!
- Got lots of leftover candy? Give it away!-
Stuck with all the candy your kids brought home? Keep treats out of sight and eat them as your kids would – as a small part of their day. For example, instead of your usual dessert, enjoy a fun size candy bar.
13 Healthy Treats
I know it sounds like blasphemy but you could skip buying candy altogether and redefine your idea of a treat!
Here are your lucky 13 diet-friendly treats:
1. 100 calorie packs of crackers
2. mini boxes of raisins
3. 94% fat-free microwave popcorn
4. small 100% juice boxes
5. sugar-free gum packs
6. small apples or tangerines
Or, try these non-food items:
7. pencils or crayons
8. erasers
9. stickers
10. rubber spiders
11. colored chalk
12. noisemakers or party favors
13. temporary tattoos
We guarantee you won't be tempted to eat up any of these leftovers!
Candy 101
Still tempted to indulge in the more traditional Halloween treats?
Check out how these “fun-size” candy bars stack up.
While fun they might be to gobble, they might not be so fun for your waistline!
Snickers Snack Size: 72 calories, 4g fat
Twizzlers Snack Size: 133 calories, 1g fat
Butterfinger Snack Size: 100 calories, 4g fat
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup: 80 calories, 5g fat
Milky Way Snack Size: 77 calories, 3g
Corn: 3.5 calories per kernel! Small pouch (0.5 oz)
Sweetarts: 50 calories, 0g fat
Fun Size M&M’s: 70 calories, 3g fat
Witches Brew Cider
Traditional apple cider can be high in sugar and calories, but not this Witches Brew Cider recipe! Enjoy a cup to stay warm or bring some to the Halloween party.
Halloween is creeping around the corner.. remember keep the treats out of the house until the very last minute to avoid ghoulishly gobbling up those treats meant for the ghosts and goblins who will ring your doorbell Oct 31...
and on that note..
Wish me well
Wish you well too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome tips! I don't buy candy because we never have trick-or-treaters; I only have to deal with what the girls bring home, and that always sucks. They never eat it, which is good for them...but bad for me. Not sure how I'm going to handle that this year. Maybe I'll have them pick out a few things and then just toss the rest out. Seems a waste but better than it being on MY waist. :-)

V.

Twix said...

Awesome tips! And I checked out that cider. It sounds just what I am looking for!!

I am so thankful we don't celebrate this holiday. Now if I can just avoid all those candy sales, lol. :D

new*me said...

you always have such fun things on your blog ;) Keep the chocolate away from me......my favorite.......Fast Breaks and PB cups

angie said...

I have only one kid young enough to trick or treat now, and he hauls home enough candy for 16 kids. Ugh! I need to have him hide it from me so I can't raid it, but the hiding skills of a 9 year old leave a LOT to be desired.

Thanks for welcoming me to the HYC! I look forward to getting to know everyone!