FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Teeth and Pain and Needles OH MY!!!!

I was sitting at work today.. Having lunch and chatting with my boss when I bit into a carrot and really noticed how bad the right upper side of my mouth hurt. This had been going on for a while and I was just assuming it would go away.. I finally said to myself and my boss.. I better call the dentist.. he always says.. "better to fix a small problem than a big one" So low and behold he saw me at 4 this afternoon.. and instead of a pat on the back.. and a you will be fine.. I have to go back tomorrow at 8.. and have a old old filling replaced because some how.. a little creature called decay has ventured forth under the old filling and if I do not address it now.. then I could be in for some whoopin big problems down the road... So tomorrow the needle comes out and into my mouth... and the tooth gets fixed.. if the problem is worse .. then I have to have a root canal.. I hope that does not happen.. I have never had a root canal and have always had great teeth.. okay .. great after my folks spent thousands of dollars to have them fixed when I was a kid... ( hmm my mouth liked to grow teeth regardless if they were needed or not) The good thing is .. is that he has replaced most of the other old fillings with material that matches your teeth.. so that is good.. I like this dentist because he is just an old fashioned dentist with out the bells and whistles.. plus he is a phenominal talker.. so when he sticks you with the needle and you are waiting for your mouth to go numb.. he sits there and talks and talks and talks and talks.. so for the most part you forget that half of your face has become lopsided... OOOOHHH and one lesson I learned last time ( which happened to be last month) is NEVER..apply lipstick when you have novacane.. the lips will not cooperate ... Actually this is really a good thing (.the getting the tooth fixed part .. not the lopsided lipstick part..).. when I was there last month... I had him file a tooth down a little on the right side.. right after he did that is when the pain started.. and the sensitivity to hot and cold.. had he not filed that tooth down.. this problem would have gone undetected until I would have had some very serious problems.. So I guess it has all worked out for the best .. for my mouth that is... Okay enough dental rambling...
It was a good eating day for me.. I took in a little more than 1,100 calories.. because I did not get to eat my big apple for an afternoon snack.. ( dentist) ... This website calorie-counter.com is really cool ... http://www.calorie-count.com/ I like it a lot... Well I am going to head to bed.. My goal for tommorow is to add more food choices and activity choices to my tag lists on calorie-count.com.. and build my menu for tomorrow as well. I might even get a little swimming in in the evening.. all depends on how I feel.. Last time my mouth was pretty sore for 2 days .. so we shall see what happens...
Until next time...
Wish me well... Wish you well...

No comments: