FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A NEW WEIGH ( hmm thats not that original is it?? )

Well I want to make my titles orginial and eye catching.. oh yeah.. well... found out some interesting things about myself last night... prior to monday the 22nd of January .. I was comsuming over 2000 calories a day.. now to some of you that may not seem all that bad.. but remember I am 4 foot 11 inches tall... not 6 foot 4 inches tall and a football player or something...
Monday I started the pyramid program.. or Healthy Weight For Everybody. My pyramid is 1200 calories.. so basically what I am saying here is that since... wellllllll SUNDAY I have cut what I eat by half if not more... Am I hungry..... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. but I get unlimited fruits and vegetables.... am I anxious YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs could be the hormonal thing. or horriblemonal thing as I call it :-) ..... ( I am on the pill for 3 months at a time and I break a week to have a cycle at the third month) NO real chocolate during this time.. ya know what I mean??? no sweets.. see that is another thing I realized... during that cycle time... for that one week I realllllllly indulged... I mean REALLLLLY INDULGED!!! so this week I have 2 big challenges.. stay on course.. and control cravings to raid the 7-11 or Circle K store for really bad for me .. heart destroying foods. Guess what ??? I am doing it... Does that feel good you ask? sort of... its only been 3 days counting today.... will it feel good on Friday ??? yes... because then it will be 5 days.. and just maybe I will be able to finally believe that I can start accomplishing this .. I can finally shed this largeness.. I can finally start thinking that one day I will be able to feel a rib or two or 3...... One other thing.. last night I had to stop at the grocery after I swam... and let me tell you I was rip roaring hungry... I picked up just what we needed.... GUESS WHAT??? I did not buy a little snacky poo too tide me over like I often do... NOW THAT WAS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME.... well I guess in reality its not huge... its what regular people do.. but what exactly is a regular person....??? is it just someone that has great self control and will power??? are they born with that???? oh well... I guess I am not regular.. which is good I suppose... its good to be unique .. but better to be unique in other areas not over eating.... :-)

I also had some wake up calls ... One being that my doctor said that if I did not shed a significant amount of weight by the first of May ... when he sees me again that he would have to put me on Blood pressure meds... NO WAY I dont want pills..... Two being I went for a bone scan because of the pain I had been having in my foot.. and they did a full body scan much to my shock and dismay... I saw it.. and I saw my bones.. and I saw my mass in comparision to my bones... EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A BODY BONE SCAN... BOY that is a Sharp REALITY...
Three... the realization of how many calories I was actually consuming before I started on Monday... WOW is all I can say.. and to be totally honest I did not even get an exact number.. I got scared when I realized it was over 2,000 calories a day.

I have no idea who is going to read this blog.... one two or three people maybe more.. maybe just me... I do know that I had a couple of comments on my last post and I LOVED IT... the encouragement is priceless.. and lets face it ... we all need encouragement. If anyone does read this.. if you have any links too food logs or other tools online that might be helpful.. please let me know... thank you thank you so very much for that...... also if you want to link me to your blog that is fine as well.....

I do so want to believe that we.. that I can find my way out of this... there are no guarentees I know... and there are no guarentees that this will give me continued good healthy either.. however my chances greatly increase .... I know that.... I have to do this.. You have to this.... it is all about our own journeys to that place where our bodies are better.. healthier and stronger... Your input and any input (please be nice) is very welcome....
Until next time..
Wish me well... Wish you well too..

No comments: