FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Thursday, January 25, 2007

NUTRE NUTRA NUTRI system WHATEVA...

I can say this.. I was there.. back in the early days when they had clinics all over the country.. I did Nutra System.. and yes.. I lost 50 pounds.. and yes.. this was good... 50 pounds ago it was good.. now its just dust... I did the program lost 50 pounds in less than 6 months.. also lost my gall bladder too... the food.. how did it taste? FUGETABOUTIT... I mean its okay.. if you like reconstituted hamburgers that have fake grill marks on them... and a bun thats on the crunchy side... granted this was back in the 80s so perhaps their MREs (meal ready to eat.. .yeah like the army) have improved.. I doubt it.. The program is still pricey and yes.. BOTTOM LINE.. you will lose weight.. YOU are eating only their food... in their portion sizes.. and I seriously doubt anyone would binge on chicken you have to reconstitute to .. digest it. The one thing I loved was the candy they had.. they had these sweet tart things you could have as dessert.. those were good.. The wafer cookies were good.. the cereal was decent too... it was the protein that was kinda gagalicious... The pizza came unassembled and you put it together and nuked it.. so it was more soggy than crispy... and very very CHEWY... had I known that eventually I would end up in the hospital having my gall bladder removed.. not sure if I would have still done the program... I dont know if you recall the law suit against them regarding MANY others who had gall bladder surgery shortly after being on their program and losing the bulk of their weight. That was back in the mid to late 80s and early 90s ... I did not participate in the case. MY feelings on that program run deep.. As with any program.. it works if you work it.. but the truth is... you have to have a follow up plan.. a way to succeed when the program is over.. Its up to us.. and hopefully each of us choses a safe route...
Until next time....
Wish me well, Wish you well..

1 comment:

Aimee said...

hello! I found your blog via alyndabear. I'm a friend of hers and i've just recently started weight watchers. I'll be book marking your blog and coming back to hear about your journey. :)