FAMILY FROM OUR WEDDING

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A WHOLE WEEK and I HAVE BEEN PRETTY QUIET...

Sorry for that, but between work and then new puppy I am lucky to have time to go to the bathroom...
I had a striking event occur during this week.. I can not go into details but I can tell you about it in a quiet way... Have you ever had the experience of percieving something one way but finding out it was not really that way at all.. Modeling yourself after something that did not really exist.. wanting something that really was not there? but all along you thought it was something real and dynamic.. for example... a friend who you thought was fantastic, who could do no wrong in your eyes.. suddenly you find out is an alcoholic.. and fragile just like the rest of us.. or the ideal married couple who have been together so long.. well really can not stand the sight of each other? So one day you are minding your own business and crash.. this realization tumbles into your world.. and you find you are really the lucky one.. the one who has it all.. its an odd feeling.. happy .. but sad.. striking and imposing because for so many years your believed there was something ideal.. when the dirtyness of life.. was a mainstay.. not blip... hmm funny in a way .. I think.. it makes me thankful for what I have.. and knowing that what I have I can be completely naked with .. naked in the sense of purely myself .. no barriers... thats good .. but from what have discovered this week.. I feel sad for what I thought was something that was actually nothing at all.. hmmm...
On too food.. food for me... NOt so good but not so bad..
Food for you...
Mixed Lettuce Salad with Cucumber Herb Vinaigrette
Grilled Pork Tenderloin & Apricot Salad
Lemon-Mint Snap Peas & Lima Beans
Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
Strawberry-Rhubarb Strudel

PIZZA RECIPES
Black Bean Nacho Pizza
Eggplant Parmesan Pizza
Fennel, Goat Cheese & Ripe Olive Double-Crust Pizza
5 Beer & Pizza Pairings
More Pizza Recipes

UNTIL NEXT TIME

2 comments:

new*me said...

I used to do that all the time.....read into situations and then found myself to have been so wrong :)

Staying present, focusing on what's right in front of you.....a much more peaceful way to live ;)

Mouthy Girl said...

Ahhh one of those life insights. I love it when it has a positive effect on my own life...and just as happy to hear that you've affirmed how wonderful things are in your life! As it should be!